Sunday, April 27, 2008

What Makes me Happy?

Heide's friend Christy is having a Birthday Contest! She wants to know what makes us all happy. In addition to the following, of course, prizes, prizes make me happy! Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I can certainly find quite a bit for myself:

1) My children, my greatest accomplishment, my joy and my consternation. Sometimes I can't really believe they are real and I ask them, "Are you real or are you a dream?" They think I am weird. And I am.

2) My husband, especially when he is feeling good and empowered, which he doesn't feel often enough. Wish I could make that better!

3) My church. I'm not a particularly "religious" person, but my church is amazing, full of amazing people who show me every day the love and grace of God and allow me to feel like I'm giving to the world, not just taking from it.

4) Knitting. Yes, well. Also sane, accomplished (sometimes), creative (sometimes). If I need some happy, this is my path.

5) Spinning. Also peaceful, also gets me kind of high. I really feed off colors somehow. Just watching the colors passing through my fingers, making something useful and beautiful is fulfilling.

Thanks for asking, Christy! It's always a good idea to be reminded, especially when we are SO busy and so full of frustration sometimes. I told my DD last night that this week coming up is one where I need to recharge in the short breaks between activities so I don't turn into "Monster Mommy." Let's hope I can remember to!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment