Saturday, October 31, 2009

Clearly the whole Halloween thing...

Interferes with Blogtoberfest, thankfully almost over!

I have enjoyed trying to write more often, though, and hope it has helped get me back in the habit. Blogging on my work website has taken some of my good writing (non fiber-related) so I should remember to cross-post, too.

Almost done with the hood of DS's new sweater, sleeves next.

Fantasizing about what to knit next, of course. I have chosen a new fingerless mitt pattern for the teacher gifts this year: Susie's Reading Mitts. So pretty! I probably want some myself, but since I am in terrible sweater envy, I don't know. I have some Cascade 220 burning a hole in my yarn stash and a huge need for a bright green or orange Basic Chic Hoodie.

Yes, of course, I have a lot of sweaters. But my only handknit hoodie is Rogue, which is just too hot for my climate except once or twice a year or at camp and the yarn pilled right away AND my setting in of sleeves was less than stellar.

Plus I'm really enjoying the sweater for the DS, even though it has NO cabling or anything, so quick, so mindless. We'll see how I feel after the sleeves...

In non-fiber related news, we held our first (for us) Halloween Carnival at the church where I work last night and it was a huge success!! Congratulations, A! Thanks to all the volunteers especially J (Anonymous)!! And today all I have to do is manage to pick up a pre-roasted chicken and some jelly at the store and pick up my forgotten slow-cooker at work, thank goodness. The hard parts of Halloween are all behind me!

Have a safe and fun night tonight!

May peace prevail upon the earth.

1 comment: