Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Well, that was interesting!

I just spent an hour being a member of a focus group discussing our school district (very good in general) with the new Superintendent and some of the School Board.

I gave them a piece of my mind about: putting my son in a combo class with little notice and no availability of the principal; the fact that unless you call first or something, their email spam filter bounces parent communications; our old kindergarten teacher looks haunted with 30 children in her class; that the API scores are not that important to parents, only to administrators.

They're going to show the video of the meeting to the Principals. Yay.

Actually, I'm glad I said it all. Our school is very good, really, I just happen to have an issue this year and they just happened to pick me randomly.

It doesn't hurt that one of the School Board members is a member of my church, though.

Anyway, I don't know what, if anything, will happen, but at least the higher-ups were asking good questions.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment